Monday, January 03, 2005

May Says

An exchange of instant messages, from this morning:

He: Happy New Year!

She: Ditto.
She: Thanks for the message yesterday.
She: I hadn't heard from you in six days.
She: I thought that was that.

He: Oh please.
He: Not a chance.

She: Your behavior stinks.

He: Yours ain't so hot either.

She: I suppose that's not an apology.

He: Hardly!

She: I have never been this sick and not in the hospital. I expected that you'd call to check in on me.

He: I didn’t know you were so sick. How are you?

She: You didn't even call.
She: And I should just forget about that behavior?
She: How about an apology?

He: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
He: Take three.

She: You are a SOB.

He: What is the health issue?

She: Oh, now you care.

He: What is the ailment?

She: I had a throat infection, swollen tonsils, high fever and fainting.

He: Yikes! Did they put you on antibiotics?

She: Yes but it's still not gone. I have some congestion that hasn't gone away. I think its pneumonia.

He: Good grief! But you are writing me from work?

She: Wish you were there for it.
She: Anyway, I don't like how things are between us so let's just call it off.
She: I'm tired of being sad about this.

He: Okay, la la la.

She: What does that mean?

He: It means you are being dramatic and ridiculous, and awfully cavalier.
He: I told you I would be spending the holidays with family, you anticipated it, and so it came to pass. And yet you act like it is a personal affront.

She: Well, I'm done with it. You can have all the free time you need without the weekends you HAVE to spend with me.
She: You deal with me only when you have to see me.
She: Out of sight, out of mind.

He: You can play this scene without me. Sounds like you have rehearsed it enough.

She: You can't have a relationship without the upkeep.

He: You can't have kids without Christmas.

She: I don't have kids; I thought I had a boyfriend.

He: You might have, but apparently you decided to dump him because you can't always get your way.

She: You are always the victim. You play that part well.

He: Good lines, but I'm really not interested in this drama.

She: So that's it.

He: If you want to end things after a year and half because you missed a few weekends, then that's your decision.

She: You insult me with this shit. You don't apologize for your behavior. You think everything is okay.
She: What about the way I feel? That seems to be of no consequence.
She: You never say you miss me because you assume I will just always be there.
She: Well, you should rethink that.

He: Gosh, you spent a lot of time making this straw man, didn't you?

She: I don't need you to belittle me

He: You need to grow up.
He: Your response to my wanting to be with Rachel this past weekend, and my need to be with Jason when he was sick, was incredibly appalling.
He: Selfish, needy, and utterly lacking in perspective.

She: Excuse me. You decided that it wasn't worth the day trip to spend with me that weekend Jason was sick.
She: That was insulting and hurtful.

He: Then you spend the time being miserable about me.
He: And then you want apologies.
He: And THEN you try to break up via instant message.
He: All because I wanted some time alone with my daughter.

She: You have it.
She: And all the other weekends and weeks you need.
She: Why can't you mother know about me?
She: And your family?

He: What does my mother have to do with anything?

She: Why doesn't she know about me? Are you embarrassed?
She: Why doesn't she know about me?

He: Oh brother.

She: Why? Tell me why your family doesn't know about me?
She: Because she might ask how I am?

He: You must know how one-sided this dramatic stuff is.

She: Why don't they know about me?
She: Call me now and let's talk it out.

He: I am not interested in talking with you now.

She: We're finished.
She: You think that I will just show up and everything will be okay.
She: Well, I have no plans to do that.

He: If you want to dump me via instant message because we missed a couple of weekends after a year and a half, then you are way out on a limb by yourself, sawing furiously.

She: We're finished.

He: See ya.

3 comments:

Bunny said...

Good riddance. This woman only comes off worse everytime you post about here, and this conversation only reinforces that. Congratulations on getting your weekends back :)

Marcia said...

Thank goodness....

Jefferson said...

Aw Danie, thanks. That's just about the sweetest and sickest offer anyone has ever made.

There may be a great future for you and me. We are off to a good start, with our shared love for your perfect hair.

Perhaps I should keep May around, though . . . it seems that my posts on her get the most commentary!