Sunday, January 23, 2005

At Present

On the Thursday of my birthday week of wall-to-wall sex, I worked and parented. I did not have sex.

I received an email from Celia, apologizing that she had left on Tuesday without saying good-bye, but I had looked busy.

No problem, Celia. Sorry we didn’t have more time together. Would you be interested in joining me for a party this weekend? It’s an art party, not sex party, and it is close to your place.

She replied:

Regretfully, I won't be able to join you that evening though I'd love to join you for future parties. You should know, though, that I am involved in a monogamous relationship at present.

Well, that’s about the best way to put that. Short and to the point. Perhaps she is seeing a Svengali therapist.

My response was lame. How could it be otherwise?

Egads! Monogamy? That's a very big step!

I hope you enjoy monogamy as well as I did, when I did. It has its rewards.

It's Shaun White, isn't it? I knew that snow boarding thing was going to come between us.

I'm sorry you can't make it to the art party this weekend, but we will make another. I'm happy to spend time with you, sex or no.

I'll keep you in the loop for the gatherings too. You can hang out with us even if you aren't fucking us. Bring your friend.


Yeah, right. Like Celia the boy is going to hang out with me when she’s got a hot new lover.

No comments: