Thursday, February 17, 2005

Template

There is no good reason for me to be tossing around the L Word with Shelby.

Shelby is a smart, funny, attractive woman. She thinks well of me, and she likes having sex with me. These things would be true if I did no more than let her know she was nifty.

And yet I get all lovey-dovey. Even more, I elicit that mush from her.

Life is complicated enough. Why introduce the potential fissures of emotions into rock solid no-strings sex?

The answer that comes to me has to do with the fact that I am having sex with so many people, of such divergent interests.

This is all rather novel, so bear with me as I think this through.

I am enjoy being loving with Shelby. I treat Kat like a cock slut, who serves my pleasure at my discretion, and then turn around and deliver sweet vanilla sex to Mitzi.

As each of these women are readers of this blog, they know that I am, by turns, a sappy romantic, an aggressive dom, and an easy lay.

How is this all from the same person?

Now that I have multiple partners, I begin to realize the extent to which my sexuality is shaped by the needs and desires of others.

It’s normal to be responsive to one’s lovers. But for me, it’s more than that. What moves me, what makes me hot, what really gets my pussy wet, is finding someone’s needs.

If it is a need that I can fulfill, then I am on it, big time.

This is not to suggest that I can be all things to all people. I can’t just say the things someone wants to hear. It has to be within me to fulfill that need.

Mitzi needs a nice fun person for regular sex. Kat needs to give in to her inner submissive slut. My actions with them are shaped by these needs.

Shelby needs to know that sex can have to do with love and trust. That has not been part of her life. And now, with me, it is.

It’s a big responsibility to be someone’s first romantic love. Every future romance is somehow measured against the template of that initial genuine emotion.

For Shelby, it’s a responsibility I am happy to assume.

One day, I suppose she may be drawn away by another man, probably someone closer to her own age, with a less complicated life.

If that happens, I will be sure she has a good template in place. She will know how good romantic love can be.

No comments: