Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Mind of Marla

My friend Marla has been busy. Thinking. And writing.

She was over a few weeks ago for drinks and snuggles, and talking about this new dilemma in her life. She had met a man she liked a lot, which led her to question if perhaps this wasn’t a good time to curtail her propensity for casual sex.

Problem is, she really likes sex.

So her plan was to cut her cadre of lovers down to a core few (I made the cut, thank God) and give serious thought to what she wants.

Of course, then she took a job that surrounds her with the tattooed muscle boys that she loves. Temptations abound.

She is an insightful storyteller—you know, a people person—so I suggested she blog all that.

She is going gangbusters over at Eternal Pleasure/Internal Pain. Drop her a line, won’t you? Tell her Jefferson sent you.

Oh, and she has changed her name to Jo. Guess I’ll have to call her Marla Jo . . .


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except her link is broken in the blogroll..

Jefferson said...

Whoops. Thanks for the notification--we've got Marla's link up and running.

Meg said...

i was feeling left out, so now i've got one of these crazy things.

Jefferson said...

My word, S.

Given our, um, conversations to date. I have every faith that your blog will be very popular indeed!

You are certainly off to an auspicious start.

Friends and neighbors, please put your hands together and welcome my friend S!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great to know she has unprotected sex! Share and share a like!

Jefferson said...

My friend posts that she has had unprotected sex within her primary relationship, and that she is not entirely comfortable with that.

Readers descend on her like a pack of dogs, growling hectoring lectures.

The hazards of blogging.

Let's hope she keeps writing, and you keep reading. But try to leave the judge's robes at home.

Anonymous said...

Jefferson, I'd like to thank you.

For two things, actually. Number 1, for throwing in your kind words above. Your support and understanding of the exact purpose of the blog and the issues which are behind my actions are what I was hoping for. Secondly, I'd like to truly thank you for giving me the advice to begin blogging.

I know that may sound odd at this time, considering I am on the receiving end of a firing line, but honestly, I find the behavior that is conveyed by the anonymous commentors just as disturbing as my actions. While I don't deny anyone the right to pass judgement, I'd like to stress that they look into a mirror and focus on their imperfections before throwing down their heavy hands.

I will continue to post, and they will be as honest as they've been to date. After all, when working toward bettering yourself, what is the point in lying, or leaving out tidbits that I fear others may pass judgement on. No point at all if you ask me.

I am who I am, and as I have not been sexually active on an unprotected level with anyone with the exception of Antonio since I started sleeping with him, I make no apologies to anyone but myself for my actions.

It's amazing how facts can instantly change perception.

Jefferson said...

Testify, sister.