Thursday, April 01, 2010

HNT



I was recently asked by an artist to pose for a portrait to be included in a forthcoming exhibition. The request was based on my real-life writing career; the artist knows nothing about this blog or my work as “Jefferson.”

How funny, then, that the artist proposed to shoot me in a nude group.

We planned the shot so that I would be suited, surrounded by a writhing mass of nude bodies. I agreed to the artist’s proposal, asking how many models she had. “Oh, I can get five people, I think,” she said. “But I want a larger group. Do you know anyone who will undress for my camera?”

I allowed that yes, perhaps I did. She was impressed when I showed up for the shoot with nearly twenty volunteers. Still, she wanted one more, having decided that I should also be semi-nude. I acquiesced. Fortunately for her, it doesn’t take much arm twisting to get me naked.

Here’s a detail from one of the images. By now, I’m sure you can identify my feet. Pay no mind to the discreet dots; they won’t be included in the final prints.

Thanks to everyone who participated, including those who first learned of “Jefferson” as a result. The shoot was a blast.

The after party? Beyond blast.

1 comment:

Ethan Lambert said...

Ridiculously awesome. You'll have to let us know where we can find the unedited version :)