Thursday, March 04, 2010

The Look of Love



Dusty Springfield


Washington, D.C. now has gay marriage!

Let's celebrate the improved look of love by swaying to the most perfect of sixties pop tunes as popularized by Dusty Springfield. She came out as bisexual in nineteen-seventy:

"A lot of people say I'm bent, and I've heard it so many times that I've almost learned to accept it . . . I couldn't stand to be thought of as a big butch lady. I know I'm perfectly as capable of being swayed by a girl as by a boy. More and more people feel that way and I don't see why I shouldn't."

Dusty later swapped vows with her lesbian lover. Sure, they also swapped licks with skillets, but what romance comes without hard knocks?

Love skillets aside, feel the desire in minor-seventh and major-seventh chord changes.

I can hardly wait to hold you,
Feel my arms around you.
How long have I waited?
Waited just to love you?
Now that I have found you,
Don't ever go.
I love you so.

No comments: